Andrew Lloyd Webber is staying by his eldest son’s side amid a battle with stomach cancer.
The famed composer, 74, revealed Nicholas Lloyd Webber, 43, has been battling the critical illness for over a year in a statement obtained by Page Six over the weekend.
“I am absolutely devastated to say that my eldest son Nick is critically ill,” the EGOT winner wrote.
“As my friends and family know, he has been fighting gastric cancer for the last 18 months and Nick is now hospitalized.”
The “Phantom of the Opera” composer noted that he will also miss the opening night of his new Broadway musical, “Bad Cinderella,” in New York City on March 23 due to his son’s health concerns.
The show recently transferred from London’s West End.
“I therefore have not been able to attend the recent previews of ‘Bad Cinderella’ and as things stand, I will not be able to cheer on its wonderful cast, crew and orchestra on Opening Night this Thursday,” Andrew continued.
“We are all praying that Nick will turn the corner. He is bravely fighting with his indomitable humor, but at the moment my place is with him and the family.”
The “Bad Cinderella” team also shared a statement via Twitter Saturday in the wake of the sad news.
“The cast and company of Bad Cinderella send their love, thoughts and prayers to Andrew and the Lloyd Webber family,” the tweet read.
Nicholas, whom Andrew shares with ex-wife Sarah Hugill, has been following in his famous father’s footsteps for many years.
He scored the BBC One series “Love, Lies and Records,” along with the film “The Last Bus,” and was even nominated for a Grammy after scoring the original cast recording of “Cinderella” in 2021.
The composer previously revealed he dropped the “Lloyd bit” of his surname in an attempt to be judged on his own merit.
“For a long time, I dropped the Lloyd bit — to see what the reaction would be,” he told The Times in 2011.
“I got some stuff on the radio, so I thought, ‘OK, I’m obviously not a complete idiot.’ Then I thought, ‘Hang on, if other people are prepared to work with me without the surname, then maybe I should just get on with it.’”
The sad news comes a few months after the Post exclusively revealed “The Phantom of the Opera,” Broadway’s longest-running show, would be dropping the curtain for the final time in 2023.
Multiple sources said Andrew’s musical would play through the holiday season and cap off its storied run on Feb. 18.
Since opening on Jan. 26, 1988, the mega-musical, produced by Cameron Mackintosh and Andrew’s Really Useful Group, has played more than 13,000 performances over 35 years on the Great White Way.
Due to demand following the shock announcement, the show will now close April 16, 2023, eight weeks later than the originally announced closing date.