By Sanjay Kumar Pandey | Submitted On December 20, 2019
Coming out with the right offer at the right time and in the right place–cleverly supported by an exciting gift or a coupon or a free service–is the Number 1 Rule in marketing now.
Today, your clients, by and large, are busy surfing: using the different social media platforms, keeping themselves updated on news sites & blogs, and surfing when they have a special need.
Thanks to Digital Marketing, you find yourself in those channels, so that your would-be customers may find you, find out more about you, and even throw questions to figure out not only more about you, but also about the products or services you could be offering.
No wonder, right from optimizing content to personalizing offers to administering contacts at different channels, firms of all kinds are harnessing the exclusive reach of Digital Marketing, to make the customer experience better, and multiply the sales.
You also must join the Digital Marketing bandwagon, if you haven’t already done so.
What’s Digital Marketing?
As you can figure out, it’s the creative and path-breaking marketing of products or services, harnessing digital technologies.
It employs different channels and technologies that enable a firm or company to examine campaigns, content and strategy, to decode what’s leading to results and what’s not.
Though Digital Marketing drives mostly hinge on the Internet, you can’t leave mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital platform–via text messaging, podcasts, electronic billboards, digital television and radio channels, etc.
Online and offline are the 2 main kinds of Digital Marketing. While the latter involves stuffs–such as radio and television–the former has 6 major categories:
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): The search engine biggie, Google, is focusing on user experience. By figuring-out the way search engines rank websites, you may optimize a website, to exploit its chances of ranking decently for the related searches. In case you come out with a robust site architecture, and offer clear navigation, search engines will index your pages rapidly, and with ease. It will also proffer you with a good experience of using your website pages and inspire many visits. But since search engine algorithms are constantly changing, stay up-to-date with the best practices, to rank high for the appropriate keywords.
2. Search Engine Marketing (SEM) & Pay-per-click advertising (PPC): Characteristically, SEM and PPC advertising is done via search engines, which charge a prearranged money from you every time someone clicks your ad. While the search engines make good money through this model, you, as the site owner, too, gain as you get a chance to accurately target your would-be clients.
3. Content Marketing: It involves interacting with your clients minus any hard selling. Use Content Marketing strategies to educate your prospects while you share consistent, treasured details to win their loyalty.
4. Social Media Marketing (SMM): A SMM strategy guides your actions and informs you if you’re succeeding or not. Each and every post, reply, like, and comment should serve a special goal. Use exciting mode to realize your business aims, if we talk about building brand equity, making customer service better, netting new clients, and getting response from the existing ones. In case you generate social media content that gives value to others, you will connect with your clients in a better manner.
5. Affiliate Marketing: It’s the comparatively new procedure of pocketing a commission, via promoting other people’s (or firm’s) products. This is the procedure of spreading product creation and product marketing across different parties, where each party gets a share of the revenue on the basis of their contribution.
6. E-mail Marketing: Since too long it has helped businesses generate sales, via the internet. It provides direct contact with your clients and allows you to visit your website. It helps if your e-mails show your brand’s general character. Find the right balance of the types of e-mail marketing for your organization, for maximum traction.