Strategically Pinning Instagram Posts and Reels
Got something good? Put a pin in it. 📌 Instagram has a new feature for pinning posts and reels at the top of a profile’s grid. Great! Now, how do you do it? What should you pin?
Let’s Start with the Basics:
- You get three pinned posts at a time.
- You have to remove pinned posts manually or replace them with another pinned post.
- Posts are pinned in the order you pin them, not the age of the post.
How to Pin Posts:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app.
- Find the post you want to pin and open it. Tap the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner. Select the “Pin to Your Profile” option.
- Follow the exact same process for Reels***
- To unpin, use the same process and choose the option that should have changed to “Unpin from Profile.”
***Note: ❌ You CANNOT pin Reels that are not posted to your profile grid. If you’ve published a Reel to the Reels tab only and opted not to add it to your profile grid, you won’t have the option to pin it.
What to Pin:
Like we said, you only get three posts. You don’t have to use all three, but you do have to make sure these posts are aligning with your current marketing plan and decide how often you want to rotate them. Content that is good to pin:
- Promotions and limited-time offers.
- Timely spotlights on content, products, or people.
- Introductory content explaining something about your company.
- Your favorite UGC.
Check out the full post by Social Media Examiner for more pinned post ideas!
Start your morning with Marketing Brew ☕️
Can an AR filter really improve brand awareness?
Why are streaming advertisements so loud?
What do viewers really think about shoppable ads?
There are a lot of questions on marketer’s minds right now – and analyzing the latest trends can be a full-time job in itself. Marketing Brew does the hard work for you, dropping a quick-to-read, free newsletter in your inbox every weekday. Covering essential topics from influencers and advertising to social media & more, Marketing Brew never misses a beat. Get the answers you’ve been looking for alongside a growing community of over 255K marketing professionals.
Never Miss a Beat
McDonald’s McCafé is deeply rooted in the 24-hour coffee culture. To capture how coffee helps people move throughout the day, the company released this ad that flashes images of young peeps working, studying, or playing around, all to the beat of a fast-paced song.
Check it out for caffeine via visual osmosis.