In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I’m doing a solo show, and I’m going to talk about the topic of analytics — specifically tracking results, either for your own business or clients you may work with.
Understanding what to track is far more important than tracking every ounce of data you can get your hands on. Building out an analytics dashboard with a bunch of irrelevant information that isn’t organized in a way that’s going to allow you to take action isn’t what you need. The point of tracking anything is to understand what’s working and what isn’t. In this episode, I’m doing a solo show on the strategy behind tracking your marketing efforts so that you can get a better idea of where you should invest your time and energy.
Topics I Cover:
- [1:41] What the point of tracking is
- [2:58] What metrics to look at throughout the different levels of the marketing funnel
- [3:32] What to look for at the top of the funnel
- [4:55] Why data at the top of the funnel is trend-based
- [7:10] What to look for at the middle of the funnel
- [9:11] Metrics at the middle of the funnel are more engagement-based
- [11:39] What to look for at the bottom of the funnel
- [13:07] Why understanding the journey gives you better insight on how you can better invest your marketing dollars
Resources I Mention:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals seeking the best education and inspiration to grow a business.
Running a small business means doing it all. You deserve an online marketing platform that does the same! Semrush is an all-in-one platform that will lighten the load. Handle SEO, social media, and advertising all in one place. Attract new customers, save time and money on marketing, and get ahead of the competition. New to online marketing? No problem! Semrush will get you started. If you’re ready to grow online, try Semrush free today at semrush.com/now.